Luke McCormick, the former English goalkeeper was born in Coventry in 1983. The origins associated with his career bore some sort of strange familiarity to that of a Hollywood motion picture. Followed meticulously by Sky Sports news, McCormick began his career during the 2003- 2004 season as the backup for Romain Larrieu. Improving towards his position, McCormick received 7 consecutive clean sheets and proceeded to create a brand new club record. The Plymouth Argyle fans also voted him one of the most promising gamer of the year. He was then sent upon loan to Boston United of League Two in October 2004, by Bobby Williamson who had been then a Plymouth Argyle manager.

He then moved to Leicester City F. C together with Ian Holloway, a previous Plymouth Argyle Manager. His career chart rose progressively and also consistently from then on and McCormick provided amazing shows during the final matches of 2007-2008 season.

The actual cloud settled upon his career the moment in June 7th, 2008, Luke McCormick was arrested on suspicion involving leading to death by dangerous driving while he was on his way back coming from a previous team mates wedding ceremony. The Central Motorway Police Group, which was in charge of arresting McCormick, reported McCormick’s Range Rover collided along with a Toyota Previa leading to the death of Aaron and Ben Peak of age groups ten and eight respectively.

The driver in the vehicle had been the children’s father who was seriously injured and has to be taken to the Hospital Of North Staffordshire. It was subsequently discovered that he received sustained multiple fractures in the neck, ribs and his back and also his lungs were also swollen. The other three passengers inside the Previa were cared for with regard to minor injuries.

He had been charged with two counts of death caused by dangerous driving, driving with alcohol in his bloodstream and also driving without insurance by the Staffordshire Police the very following day. On June 9 he had been presented before the Fenton Magistrate Court and also was given conditional bail. On June 16 he appeared before the Stroke-on-Trent Crown Court in which the charges on driving without an insurance were dropped towards him. This case had been finally tried during October 2008 when he was sentenced to 7 years and 4 months of jail term.

Sky Sports news reported that Luke McCormick pleaded guilty over the charges filed towards him. The amount of alcohol found in his blood was twice the permissible drink and drive limitation. McCormick admitted to have gotten asleep on the controls that night time that led to the horrific crash.

The aftershocks of this incident began when on 22nd July, 2008 Plymouth Argyle terminated Luke McCormick�s agreement of goalkeeper within a month from the accident. It had been told to all media people as well as Sky Sports News that the arrangement was terminated on mutual agreement. He had also been suspended from Plymouth at the start of the month and also ended up asked to not attend the pre-season training.

Conflict continues to encircle Luke McCormick even today. He caused some sort of storm the moment his prison team authorities sent a request towards the south Devon League so that he could possibly play in the Division Two side. Within a report in Sky Sports news it had been noted that a few South Devon League officers were displeased with this particular request because they believe that McCormick should be penalized with regard to his deed and not be permitted to spend some time playing football.